EBSA-2023 Abstract call for Oral and Poster Presentations
The EBSA-2023 international congress is the place to present your latest work in the realms of Biophysics after the pandemic. Sharing science will be at the centre of this meeting, and we are much looking forward to your contributions.
To encourage your participation in EBSA-2023, Abstract submissions are free of charge, and Student Bursaries covering registration and accommodation are available when you have been accepted.
• Abstract deadline for consideration for selected Oral presentation (see below)
• Application deadline Student Bursaries (Click here)
• Bursary recipients and Selected Oral presentations announced
• Accepted abstracts with registered participant(s) at this date will be included in the EBJ Conference volume and in the EBSA-2023 Congress book
Abstract consideration and presentation
Abstracts for poster and oral presentations will be considered continuously and their acceptance will be notified by email. Posters will be presented in one of three Poster sessions during the meeting. Up to 110 abstracts will be selected for Oral presentation (15 min) in one of the 28 Parallel Sessions. Authors selected for Oral presentation will be notified via email latest April 25th.
Accepted abstracts with at least one accompanying registration (deadline May 2nd) will be published in a Congress volume in European Biophysics Journal (EBJ). Sponsored by Springer, this volume will be printed and used as the EBSA-2023 Congress book during the meeting. Lists of abstracts and participants that do not meet this deadline will only be available online during the meeting.
The authors may request a preferred type of presentation. However, the congress organizers will be responsible for the final selection of oral and poster presentations from the submitted abstracts.
Abstracts must be submitted through the conference website. Submission by any other means, such as mail or email, will not be accepted. Do not make multiple submissions of the same abstract. A confirmation with the abstract reference code will automatically be sent to the email address given when submitted. The confirmation will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam folder if you cannot find it.
For accepted abstracts to be included in the EBSA-2023 Congress book, authors (at least one) needs to register as a participant in EBSA-2023 latest May 2nd.
Please note that all presentations will take place on site. It is important that we have the correct name of the presenter so the program is correct. If the submitting author is not the one presenting on site, please send the presenter's name and e-mail address to email@example.com.
Instructions for the authors
1. Abstracts should be written in standard English.
2. Abstracts should be submitted by text input only.
3. Abstract text shall include the following content (no subheadings needed):
• Introduction (background/aims)
4. The Abstract text should be a single unreferenced paragraph and should not exceed 1400 characters (approximately 250 words), except for the title, authors, and affiliations.
5. We will not accept any image or files in the abstract.
6. Abstracts will be published in the Congress book which will also be published as a Conference volume in EBJ. When you accept the terms in the Abstract Submission, you will accept these terms of publication.
Poster size should be width, 70 cm x height, 100 cm. On site in the congress hall there is an information desk where staff can assist you with information and materials for setting up etc. The posters are presented in a poster session. Be prepared to give a 1-2 min brief of your poster. You must take down your poster the time you will be assigned, otherwise there is a risk that your poster will be thrown away.
Abstracts selected for Oral presentation will be informed of details on acceptance.
Questions or problems
If you have any questions or technical problems concerning your abstract submission, please do not hesitate to contact Eva at MKON, Eva@mkon.se.