Instructions for speakers & chairs
We are pleased and grateful that so many of our colleagues has accepted to speak and/or chair during the 7th Northern European Conference on Travel Medicine, NECTM7, in Stockholm, Sweden, May 2-4, 2018.
Instructions for speakers
1. You do not need to bring your own computer, only a USB memory stick. We recommend that you verify that the transfer to your memory stick was made correct.
2. Your first slide should show your name and the title of your presentation.
3. On your second slide you may declare any potential or actual conflicts of interest. Please read about this below.
4. Please hand in your presentation to the technicians in the Speaker Service Center no later than two hours before your session. Wide screen (16:9) format is preferred. Our technicians are always available to assist you at the Speaker Service Center. Your presentation will be transmitted to the computer in the lecture hall at the right time for your talk.
5. If you bring your own laptop, please come to the Speaker Service Center no later than two hours before your lecture, so that we can check the resolution and screen outputs. If you have a Mac or a PC that does not have VGA or HDMI outputs, you will need to bring the necessary adapter.
6. In all the lecture halls there will be a PC with PowerPoint (Office 365). Please use the default fonts/fonts found in the Office program. If you use other fonts, we ask you to attach the fonts separately.
7. Ten minutes before your session starts, please make sure to meet up with the session chair and introduce yourself. If you don't know the person who will chair your session you will find his/her picture in the conference app.
8. Please make sure to respect the scheduled times and include at least 5 minutes of your time slot for questions. (For abstract presenters, time for questions is 2-3 minutes). No questions will be asked during the Plenary sessions.
9. To add a live voting to your presentation, and to allow the auditors to send you questions, we recommend that you use "Mentimeter". Read more about how this works below.
Conflict of Interest
As prerequisite for the CME certification all lecturers should declare possible links and financial support relevant to the presentation including collaboration / financial support from the pharmaceutical industry / medical equipment manufacturer. Declarations must also include whether any fee, honorarium or arrangement for re-imbursement of expenses in relation to the Congress has been provided.
All speakers are requested to fill in the form provided (Click here to download the file) and send to Anna Zetterholm at MKON, firstname.lastname@example.org
The declarations will be made available on the website of the conference.
Instructions for chairs
As Chair, you are responsible for the time being held by the speakers. Specify the time for each speaker. If the speaker seems to exceed the allocated time, you may announce that it is 1 minute left and ask the speaker to summarize the presentation. Alternatively, simply stand up and make sure the speaker is aware of your action.
Start the session exactly on time.
The speakers are instructed to include a minimum of 5 minutes (2-3 minutes for abstracts presentations) of their time slot for questions.
When there are two Chairs for the same session, plan in advance how and by whom the speakers are introduced.
Prepare one question for each speaker. Questions from the audience have priority during the discussion following the presentations.
The session should always end on the scheduled time.
Some speakers will add a live voting to their presentation and will allow the auditors to send in questions via "Mentimeter". The speaker will give the audience the codes needed for this and the audience will be able to use the conference app to vote/send in questions. Read more about how this works below.
If you want to add a live voting to your presentation, or allow the audience to send you questions we recommend that you use Mentimeter for this.
You can choose to create your own login, or use the conference login details found below. Create a presentation, copy the url into your presentation, and give the correct code to the audience. They will be able to vote/send you questions via the conference app.
Click here to read the instructions for the live voting system
Click here to read the instructions for Q&A from the audience