Working Group Number: 23
Sociology of Education
Sociology of Education explores formation, education, teaching, upbringing and learning in relation to other parts of society and to radical social processes, such as globalisation and changes taking place in the world of work. A central problem area in the research into Sociology of Education is the encounter between the different kinds of assets possessed by pupils, students and teachers and the prevailing order in the educational system. Another problem area is the growth and development of educational institutions and the relationship between education and other social fields, such as culture, economics or politics. As a discipline, Sociology of Education is based on more general traditions of research in social and historical sciences. A special focus during Sociologidagarna 2018 is social cleavages in the educational system and differences between social groups with regard to their relationship to education.
Working Group Number: 24
Title: Sociology of Law
We welcome theoretical and empirical studies, in Swedish or English, which concern law and legal developments, policy and implementation issues, social norms and legal behavior, regulation and social control.
1. Formal and informal regulation
2. Governance and corporate social responsibility
3. Gender, violence, and human rights
4. Law and regulation in cyberspace
5. Border Control, Migration and Refugee Policies
6. Transnational law and legal orders
7. Surveillance and risk management
8. Environmental law, policy and Climate Change.
9. Legal cultures and legal consciousness