Abstract submission is closed and the authors has been notified.
Abstract submission opens: November 15 2022
February 15 2023 Abstract deadline was extended until February 28 2023
Notification: April 22 2023
WASOG 2023 conference is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for Scientific Presentations and Poster sessions concerning any of the conference's main topics between November 15 2022 and February 28 2023.
Abstracts must be submitted through the conference website. Submission by any other means, such as mail or email, will not be accepted. Do not make multiple submissions of the same abstract. A confirmation with the abstract reference code will automatically be sent to the email address given when submitted. The confirmation will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam folder if you cannot find it.
The scientific committee will review the abstracts, and the corresponding author will be notified of the acceptance/rejection of the abstracts via e-mail by April 15 2023. The authors may request a preferred type of presentation. However, the congress organizers will be responsible for the final selection of Scientific presentations and poster sessions from the submitted abstracts.
To be eligible, authors (at least one) needs to be a registered participant to WASOG Conference. The registration is open.
Instructions for the authors
1. Abstracts must be written in standard grammatical English.
2. Abstracts can be submitted by text input or in MS Word Document (.doc, .docx) or Rich Text File (.rtf) formats. The file name must include the author's last name.
3. Abstracts shall have the following structure:
• Introduction (background/aims)
4. An image can be attached to the abstract. Abstracts will be published in the Abstract book in digital format.
5. Please use the following document format:
• Title in BOLD BLOCK CAPITALS
• Author and co-authors' names: Surname N., Surname N., Surname N.
• Affiliation, city, and country in italics: Department, Hospital/University, City, Country
• Justified text which should be a single unreferenced paragraph and should not exceed 2000 characters (approximately 350 words), except for the title, authors, and affiliations.
Poster size should be measuring 2'75" (84 cm) wide x 3'9" (119 cm) high. Portrait/vertical format. Poster materials may not extend outside the assigned half-board. Authors must put up their posters on Monday, June 19, from 07:00 to 11:00 and take them down on Wednesday, June 21, by 17:00. If you don’t take down your poster there is a risk that your poster will be thrown away. Authors must be present at their boards for their scheduled presentation time. Posters should remain on the boards for all three days. On site in the congress hall there is an information desk where staff can assist you with information and materials for setting up etc.
Each author that’s been accepted for oral presentation has recevied an email. More information will be sent out later in May.
Publication in the Abstract Online Electronic Book and Conference APP:
With the submission, you have agreed that the abstract will be published in its accepted form at the conference APP and eBook on the website.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the WASOG conference app. The abstracts will be available to view approximately two weeks before the Conference until December 31, 2023.
In addition to your Poster print, WASOG offers the opportunity to submit an ePoster. The author’s ePoster will be published in the WASOG conference app. The ePoster will be available to view approximately on the first day of the conference until December 31, 2023. If you wish to remove your ePoster from the conference app after the meeting end date (June 21, 2023), please email Olga Chuquimia at email@example.com
Authors of accepted abstracts are encouraged to submit an ePoster to increase the visibility of their abstract.
Poster Rules and Guidelines:
• When presenting data and health information (including photos), all presenters must have informed consent compliant with human subjects and applicable HIPAA and GPDR regulations.
• Authors must disclose on their poster whether the abstract has been previously published (before June 2023). If the abstract has been previously published, authors should indicate the date and publication.
• When preparing your poster, please check the poster size guidelines before printing (see above).
• You must register and wear the official WASOG 2023 scientific meeting badge at all times. Unregistered guests are not permitted to attend the conference.
• All poster boards will be pre-numbered with the submission Abstract number. Please be sure to mount your poster on the correct board.
• Do not leave personal materials or belongings under poster boards or in the poster area. Neither WASOG nor Karolinska Institutet is responsible for any articles left in the poster area or elsewhere.
• Poster Photography Policy: Attendees may take photos of posters if the poster author agrees. Authors who do not want their posters to be photographed will have to indicate as such on their posters using the image sign supplied by the WASOG committee at the time of registration check-in. The image sign should be placed at the top right corner of the poster.
Photography Policy for Invited and Platform Sessions:
Attendees are strictly prohibited from using mobile phones, tablet cameras, and all other audio and/or video recording devices in all meeting sessions. This means attendees may not take photos or videos of speakers presenting or their slides. Attendees not adhering to this policy may be asked to leave the room and will be asked to delete all photos or videos already taken; additional action may be taken with repeated or egregious offenders. When registering, you are required to agree that you will adhere to this policy.
If you have any questions or technical problems concerning abstract submission, please do not hesitate to contact Malin at MKON, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline February 28 2023